- Clinical Medical Writer.
- Job Reference: 0577.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Cremorne, Melbourne.
- Full-time Position.
Do you have a medical background with experience in copywriting? As a clinical medical writer, your primary role will be to develop copy and manuscripts to meet the technical and creative writing needs of the clients, with an emphasis on distilling complex concepts into simple and effective marketing communications messages. Reporting to the Head of Copy, you will play a lead role in understanding, articulating and meeting the strategic communications needs of brands and key accounts assigned to you.
- Develop copy and manuscripts, audio visual and multimedia scripts and other communications materials to the highest possible standards, and in accordance with all relevant ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Review materials supplied by clients.
- Attend clinical and scientific meetings, seminars and presentations when required.
- Interview industry representatives, consumers, clinical and scientific researchers and opinion leaders.
- Research and reviewing scientific and clinical literature and marketing materials.
- Attend client meetings and contribute to taking and analysing client briefs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communication strategies and plans.
- Communicate competently and professionally with colleagues, clients and customers and other agencies/consultants employed by clients.
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with clients and strive to provide superior levels of client service.
- Evidence of superior writing skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp medical or clinical concepts and terminology (and technical jargon in other industries).
- Ability to understand and write to a specific brief.
- Use of written language for impact and clarity of expression.
- Accurate and creative approach to reporting of complex scientific or technical concepts.
- Excellent understanding and application of grammar and spelling.
- Clear appreciation of issues and language appropriate to the target audience.
- Ability to distil highly technical or data-heavy information into clear and effective messaging.
- Familiarity with basic computer applications, including word processing (Microsoft Word or equivalent), internet browser, email, social media platforms etc.
- Knowledge of PubMed, Medline and/or other digital/online medical science databases.
- Ability to use the internet as a general research and information resource.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and potential to develop these to a high level, as appropriate to a professional client service environment.
- Some project-management skills or demonstrated ability to manage long or complex jobs to completion (regarded).
- Undergraduate degree in the medical or clinical sciences. A further qualification in English, communications or marketing is highly desirable.
- Experience in a client-facing, customer service role is highly regarded; may include part-time jobs held while studying.
Does this role sound perfect for you? Then give Sally Brownbill a call today on 0403 302 831 and email your CV to email@example.com